Designing an Improved Mobile Music Service
A longitudinal study over 14 weeks where we reviewed:
- What worked and what didn’t: by studying the customer journey and break-down points from purchase to on-boarding and activation, downloading, listening and collecting.
- Learnt why users dropped out; often not even activating their accounts.
- Identified three core user personas and learned how they relate to, use the service and their priorities for improvement.
- Found both “niggles” and suggestions for making the service more attractive and compelling.
- Listing & Recruitment
- Face to Face Interviews
- Music Collection Inventories and Patterns
- Daily Usage Diary
- Weekly Probes through detailed questions of the week
- Participatory Workshops with respondents and clients
Two virtual spaces (blogs) were created for ongoing Conversations.
- Participants Blog: conversation space for participants, collected daily diary usage logs, field and discuss weekly questions & answers
- Conversation space for Research and Client teams: next-step discussions and clarifications, records and archives all research materials – F2F interview transcripts, videos, digitized scrapbooks, analysis of diary log study & weekly Q&A, group workshop summary